- Legal Help
- The Court System in Tennessee
- Understand Important Legal Terms
- How to Find a Lawyer
- Representing Yourself in Court
- Court Forms You May Need
- Find Resources in Your County
- Find Information on Many Topics
- Alternatives to Court
- Email an Attorney
- Legal Clinics in Tennessee
The Court System in Tennessee
In Tennessee, the court system is made up of the Supreme Court, Appellate Courts, Trial Courts, and courts with limited jurisdiction. There is a court clerk for each type of court. The court clerks schedule hearings, accept filings, and do other administrative tasks for their court.
The Administrative Office of the Courts provides support to the Supreme Court and the entire court system.
Click on a link below to find out more information on the court system.