- Legal Help
- The Court System in Tennessee
- Understand Important Legal Terms
- How to Find a Lawyer
- Representing Yourself in Court
- Court Forms You May Need
- Find Resources in Your County
- Find Information on Many Topics
- Alternatives to Court
- Email an Attorney
- Legal Clinics in Tennessee
Glossary of Legal Terms
Criminal offense that is less than a felony and punishable by less than a year in jail.
Do not justify or excuse an offense, but may be considered as reasons for reducing the degree of blame.
Unsettled or undecided.
Oral or written request before, during or after a trial on which a court issues a ruling or order.