- Legal Help
- The Court System in Tennessee
- Understand Important Legal Terms
- How to Find a Lawyer
- Representing Yourself in Court
- Court Forms You May Need
- Find Resources in Your County
- Find Information on Many Topics
- Alternatives to Court
- Email an Attorney
- Legal Clinics in Tennessee
April 1, 2017, is HELP4TN Day in which attorneys have the opportunity to volunteer their time to assist disadvantaged Tennesseans at pro bono legal advice clinics and public service events all across the state. This initiative is a joint effort by the Tennessee Supreme Court Access to Justice Commission, the Administrative Office of the Courts, Tennessee Alliance for Legal Services, and the Tennessee Bar Association.
The primary goal of the public awareness campaign is to bring attention to the on-going need for free and low cost civil legal services in Tennessee and highlight the groups that provide these services to disadvantaged Tennesseans.
There are two ways to join the campaign:
1) Connect with a local legal aid or pro bono program in your area. If you need contact information, email Help4TNDay@tncourts.gov.
2) Sponsor an event to serve your community. The Access to Justice Commission has created resources to help you. Email Help4TNDay@tncourts.gov for information.
Events can take place on Saturday, April 1, 2017, or within a few weeks before or after that date.
Does your organization already have an event scheduled? Click here to submit information on your event.
Resource materials will be made available on this web page in the upcoming weeks for volunteers.
Contact the Access to Justice Coordinator for more information.